Friday, January 3, 2014

Made it to "Best Jazz of 2013" list from the Jazz Station Blog!

I am extremely honored to be featured once again on the prestigious Jazz Station Blog's BEST JAZZ OF 2013, written by producer/journalist Arnaldo DeSouteiro.  It's my third time in a row!

This year I am listed as #5 best drummer of the year, alongside some of my all-time favorite musicians. The blog referenced my work on Amanda Ruzza's "This is What Happened" album, which I produced with her and played drums on. Amanda (bass), Mamiko Watanabe (keys) and Alex Nolan (guitar) also made it to Jazz Station's  top-10 based on their playing on this album.

Another recording that I am proud to have participated on, Sérgio Galvão's "Phantom Fish", also appeared on the list - Sérgio was #8 best sax soprano.
Congrats to these wonderful musicians above, and many thanks to everybody involved on both recordings. It's been a blast working with all of you! Thanks to so much Arnaldo and the Jazz Station blog! Happy 2014!

Check out the complete list of winners on this link:
http://jazzstation-oblogdearnaldodesouteiros.blogspot.com.br/2013/12/the-best-jazz-of-2013.html

here is a snapshot of the best of the year drummers list -



I am a drummer - percussionist - composer - artist based in New York City, NY. Please visit my website: http://www.mzdrums.com